Regional Breakdowns: Hemp and Cannabis Overview & Opportunities:
European Powerhouse: Germany’s Cannabis Market
Germany is the largest medical cannabis market outside North America, partially explained by the fact that statutory health insurers are generally obligated to cover medical marijuana. Currently, the country is dependent on imports, which has created a big opportunity that many countries and companies are trying to capitalize on through exports. However, entry barriers are high and, so far, only a handful of companies supply the market.
You’ll get insights on:
- Current market size of the medical market and how it has been growing.
- Types of products currently available and a look to the future.
- Entry barriers and potential ways to overcome them.
- Soft marketing strategies and access to physicians.
- Current supply and how that could change once domestic growers begin harvesting.
Learn more from Deepak Anand at “The Future of Cannabis and Hemp in Europe” roundtable discussion on the show floor, 2:00 p.m. Friday.