The industry is now competing with multinational agricultural conglomerates to attract talent on the farm and off the farm, from cultivation experts to skilled processors and retailers. Operators now also have access to alternative labor options. In a time when many industries are having to layoff or furlough employees, how has the hemp industry dealt with employment and operating challenges during this time?
In this session, you will learn:
- Facing and overcoming employment challenges during an economic downturn
- What you need to know about hiring foreign guest workers and how the COVID pandemic has impacted this program.
- Recruitment and retainment tips from industry veterans
- The importance of building a competitive compensation package to attract and retain top candidates
- How salaries and benefits compare to other agriculture sectors