Canada Market Passholder Day Forum
Included with your MJBizCon paid ticket, stream any or all of the sessions from the Canadian Market Forum. Your takeaways will include:
- How profitable 2021 may be
- Why micro-businesses may succeed more easily
- What global companies are there for Canadian companies
If you are doing business in Canada, or considering launching or investing there, these sessions will help you. See full Forum session details below.
Meet the Canadian Forum Speakers
Canada Market Passholder Day Session Details
(Note: All sessions are available on-demand now for paid MJBizCon ticket holders)
Canada in 2020
The Canadian market has seen steady growth since the nation legalized cannabis in 2018,mostly meeting or exceeding reasonable forecasts. The largest businesses, however, have mostly failed to meet expectations. Though 2020 has been marked by losses, layoffs and leadership changes, there are positive signs the industry is maturing and realizing its potential. In this session, you will learn:
- How Canadian producers and retailers have dealt with the global economic strain
- How provinces across Canada are expanding retail locations
- How producers are pivoting towards a more consumer-based approach to their operations
- How irrational domestic buildouts and global expansion plans costed the largest producers
March of the Micros: How Small Producers Can Succeed Where Large Producers Failed
Large, licensed producers in Canada generated most of the buzz and attracted most of the capital in recent years. But two years in, many of the larger producers have not lived up to expectations. Now that Health Canada is licensing many micro-class producers, which come with lower startup costs, the question needs to be asked: Will these lean operations eat into the market share of the large producers? In this session, you will learn:
- How small producers can take advantage of the lessons learned by the larger LP’s
- The costs and considerations when applying for a micro license
- Barriers to creating a micro license start up
Global Cannabis: Where are the Opportunities and When Will They be Profitable?
Between 2018 and 2019, Canadian cannabis LP’s spent tons of money expanding their operations to all corners of the globe, including, Europe, Latin America and southern Africa. Few of those investments have borne fruit, but that doesn’t mean opportunities don’t exist. There is still opportunity overseas for businesses with a more calculated approach. Where, and when, will they generate meaningful revenue? In this session, you will learn:
- Regulatory developments in Europe, Latin America and Africa
- The realistic expectations for generating revenue on other continents
- How capital can be deployed strategically when expanding
More about MJBizCon 2020
The biggest, oldest and most famous cannabis business conference in the world, MJBizCon has produced by the editors of MJBizDaily, Hemp Industry Daily and MJBizDaily International since 2012.
Thousands are expected to attend the 2020 show, produced entirely online November 2-December 4th. The show will feature:
- 4 Market Forums & Roundtables
- An Investor Intelligence Forum
- A Science Symposium
- A Hemp & CBD Industry Forum
as well as its main sessions, full vendor showcase and networking events.
This year’s keynote is by John Mackey, CEO and cofounder of Whole Foods.
For more details, click here.