Hemp Industry Daily Passholder Day Forum
Included with your MJBizCon paid ticket, stream any or all of the sessions from the Hemp Industry Daily Forum. Your takeaways will include:
- 2021 USDA and Farm Bill updates
- Strategies for navigating the supply chain
- Consumer, operational and cultivation trends
If you are involved in the hemp business community, these sessions will provide you with the insights and information to thrive in 2021. See full Forum agenda below.)
Meet the Hemp Industry Daily Forum Speakers
Hemp Industry Daily Forum Session Details: 30th November
(Note: All sessions are available on-demand now for paid MJBizCon ticket holders)
Expert AMA and Networking
New to the industry or just interested in learning more about who will be attending the Forum? Join industry pioneers and fellow attendees for this “Ask Me Anything” Roundtable and Networking event. This will give newcomers the opportunity to have some of their basic industry questions answered and those more familiar with the industry the opportunity to learn more about the attendees and share their knowledge and experience with others. A great way to kick-off a day full of hemp education.
Welcome to the Hemp Industry Daily Forum
It has been a rollercoaster of a year across all industries but how has the hemp industry fared since January Hemp Industry Daily Editor, Kristen Nichols, will be kicking off the Hemp Industry Daily Forum with an overview of the hemp industry over the past year and a quick glimpse as to what 2021 has in store.
CBD and the FDA, Interim Rules and the USDA – Where We Are Today and What To Expect in 2021
As 2020 comes to a close, there are two federal agencies the Hemp and CBD industries have their eyes on, the FDA and the USDA. A delay from USDA on using national hemp rules has many wondering which rules to follow in 2021. The FDA is still not presenting any formal regulations to the industry indicating they want to see more research and data concerning consumer safety. In this session you will learn:
- USDA and Interim Final Rule updates, what is on the horizon for 2021
- FDA updates and what is on the horizon for 2021
- An update on studies that are taking place to provide the FDA with consumer safety data
Data Dive: Hemp/CBD Market Outlook and Consumer Trends
Hemp and CBD Market and Consumer trends are a hot topic this year. Drastic changes in the economy over the past year have not only shifted product market trends but also consumer trends. This session will take a look at the numbers in the Hemp and CBD Markets, along with consumer trends. In this session you will learn:
- How the economy impacted the hemp and CBD markets in 2020 compared to 2019
- Consumer trends
- How to use market outlook data and consumer trend data and why this data should be important as you are planning for 2021
Product Diversification: Beyond CBD
Smokable hemp, textiles, construction materials, seeds, oil, foods and other cannabinoids are all by-products of the hemp plant. Why not beat the CBD market saturation and start exploring the importance of product diversification? In this session you will learn:
- Why product diversification can be an advantage to your operations in the long run
- The market realities for products beyond CBD
- The challenges and opportunities within each market and what you need to know to get started
2021 Cultivation & Production Strategies
From the seed to the final harvest, every operation needs to have cultivation and productions strategies in place that meet their end business goal, yield expectations and ROI. It starts with knowing your growing conditions, the type of seed varietal(s) you choose, the method of cultivation which leads to harvest strategies. All of these factors, plus many more impact production yield and ROI. In this session you will learn:
- The what and why behind choosing the right seed varietals and how farmers are making these decisions.
- The difference between growing methods: Agricultural vs. Horticulture
- Tips for meeting yield expectations with your crop
Reality Check: Addressing Hemp Industry Business Challenges of Today and Tomorrow
On the farm or off the farm, this session is going to address some of the ongoing business challenges facing hemp operators. Prior to the COVID19 pandemic, the hemp industry found itself working its way through supply issues. Other hurdles businesses are facing include contractual disputes, insurance availability, regulatory confusion and banking/finance/cash flow issues. Join hemp industry professionals as they discuss these industry challenges and provide insights on how businesses can prepare and address them in their operations. In this session you will learn:
- Strategies in navigating the supply chain and finding the right partners
- How to mitigate risk in your business operations: the importance of iron clad contracts, insurance protections, and having crisis management plans in place
- The status of banking and finance options in the hemp industry
More about MJBizCon 2020
The biggest, oldest and most famous cannabis business conference in the world, MJBizCon has produced by the editors of MJBizDaily, Hemp Industry Daily and MJBizDaily International since 2012.
Thousands are expected to attend the 2020 show, produced entirely online November 2-December 4th. The show will feature:
- 4 Market Forums & Roundtables
- An Investor Intelligence Forum
- A Science Symposium
- A Hemp & CBD Industry Forum
as well as its main sessions, full vendor showcase and networking events.
This year’s keynote is by John Mackey, CEO and cofounder of Whole Foods.
For more details, click here.