Latin America Market Passholder Day Forum & Roundtables
Included with your MJBizCon paid ticket, join executives and investors in the Latin American market to discover:
- The true potential of the region’s export market
- The largest revenue opportunities within the region
Plus, live roundtable discussions focusing on Brazil, Mexico, The Caribbean, and Industry Hemp in Latin America (Note: Roundtables are live only. See full Forum agenda below.)
Meet the Latin America Forum Speakers
Latin America Forum Session Details: 20th November
(Note: All sessions are available on-demand now for paid MJBizCon ticket holders)
Latin America Market Update
The cannabis industry has continued its international growth this year despite the global pandemic and the economic downturn in almost every market. The growth in Latin America cannot be ignored as a key piece in the global cannabis puzzle. This session will look at the opportunities of each Latin American country as well as the challenges associated with doing business there. In this session, you will learn:
- How Latin American companies have fared through this year’s turmoil
- Where key investments are still being made
- Challenges and opportunities in key Latin American markets
Exporting From Latin America
In the last couple years, there were massive expectations for the export market in Latin America. Those hopes have since come back down to earth with some companies exiting their original expansion plans in the region. There are still real opportunities with Colombia and Uruguay offering the most mature regulations for production, but how limited will those opportunities be? This session will look at the current export market and provide realistic expectations for the markets in Colombia and Uruguay. In this session, you will learn:
- What businesses looking to export need to know about the regulatory paths in Colombia and Uruguay and associated costs
- Considerations for exporting to other countries outside of Latin America
- Expected reforms ahead in both
Developing The Internal Market: Revenue Opportunities Within Latin America
Most of the discussion surrounding Latin America has been about export opportunities to Europe and North America, but what revenue opportunities are currently within the region? Brazil presents the greatest opportunity for businesses looking to generate revenue internally in Latin America with a large population and recently simplified access scheme for patients. This session will also take a look at Peru’s burgeoning market with impending legalization and production licenses to be granted. In this session, you will learn:
- Requirements to sell within Brazil and what types of products are allowed
- Developments in the Peruvian market and when the first production licenses may be issued
- Predictions for how Latin America’s internal market could materialize
More about MJBizCon 2020
The biggest, oldest and most famous cannabis business conference in the world, MJBizCon has produced by the editors of MJBizDaily, Hemp Industry Daily and MJBizDaily International since 2012.
Thousands are expected to attend the 2020 show, produced entirely online November 2-December 4th. The show will feature:
- 4 Market Forums & Roundtables
- An Investor Intelligence Forum
- A Science Symposium
- A Hemp & CBD Industry Forum
as well as its main sessions, full vendor showcase and networking events.
This year’s keynote is by John Mackey, CEO and cofounder of Whole Foods.
For more details, click here.