New to the industry? Prep yourself with our most popular course, the Marijuana Business Crash Course.
This intensive day-long crash course has guided thousands to launching their companies, investments, and business interests in cannabis. Meet leading cannabis entrepreneurs, industry trend setters, and investors driving the industry forward. With projected sales of $22 billion by 2022, you can’t afford to not be informed on the opportunities and potential pitfalls in the industry.
Note: Crash Course content is reviewed and updated each time the workshop is presented, to provide attendees with the most up-to-date information relevant to the current business environment.
Note: This is pre-conference event requires purchase of an MJBizCon pass to attend.
DATE: Tuesday, December 10, 2019
TIME: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Las Vegas Convention Center, ROOM N109
COST: $349 USD
Agenda at a Glance
December 10, 2019
- Intro to the Industry Breakfast with Maureen McNamara8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.Knowing the high-level basics is important for any entrepreneur looking to be in the cannabis space. Learn from a seasoned cannabis expert on what you’ll need to know from the beginning as well as developing your business goals and key points to observe during the rest of the day’s content.Speakers:Maureen McNamara
- Steps to a Start Up with Tom Haren10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.In order to get started with your new cannabis business, it is crucial to consider your next steps. Entrepreneurs will need to look into business structuring and planning, legal protections, banking options and more to help their business get off the ground.Speakers:Tom Haren
- Funding and Costs with Scott Ogur11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.Entrepreneurs will need to know the basics in funding their startup including pitching your company, determining valuation, the types of funding available and how to avoid toxic debt.Speakers:Scott Ogur
- LunchNoon – 1:00 p.m.Lunch
- Writing and Winning Your License with Pamela Epstein, Tom Haren and Maxime Kot1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Top Mistakes Made in the Industry and How to Avoid Them with Diane Czarkowski2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.Getting into and staying in the industry is no easy task, so hear about what mistakes those who have succeeded made and how you can overcome or even avoid them.Speakers:Diane Czarkowski
- Do’s and Don’ts of Cannabis Marketing with Kyra Reed3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.From advertising colors to verbiage used in marketing, the regulations surrounding cannabis marketing change every day. This session will cover the recent changes from the last year, including issues surrounding the vaping crisis, and will help you navigate the complex world of advertising your products.Speakers:Kyra Reed
- What's Next? The End of the Honeymoon Phase with Sara Gullickson3:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.Congrats, you’ve made it through the chaos and thrill of a grand opening. Now what? This session will cover the next steps after you’ve opened your business—maintaining compliance, expansion or selling, leadership change, and all the other curveballs that could come your way in the first year of business.Speakers:Sara Gullickson
- Audience Q&A with Diane Czarkowski, Sara Gullickson and Tom Haren