Asia and Oceania are in the early stages of rolling out hemp and marijuana markets. The two offer entrepreneurs a chance to enter a regional market that offers hundreds of millions of potential consumers. But business owners must be prepared to navigate a regulatory thicket. Australia’s medical marijuana market has been growing slowly, reflecting heavy government regulation that has curbed patient access and hampered MMJ businesses. Meanwhile, China, India and Thailand offer opportunities for hemp businesses. Listen and learn from a panel of regional experts.
You’ll get insights on:
- The regional landscape for hemp fibers, foods, CBD and whole spectrum extracts.
- Major players in Asia and Oceania.
- State and federal government support for Australia’s MMJ industry.
- Progress on legalization of medical cannabis in New Zealand and Japan.
- Scientific and commercial research programs in Australia.