Calling all speakers!
Are you passionate about hemp and want to share your thoughts, advice and innovative ideas with an engaged and sophisticated audience?
Complete the form below and take advantage of the opportunity to become a speaker at the Hemp Industry Daily Conference in New Orleans, June 3-4, 2020. Brought to you by the editors of Hemp Industry Daily, this conference is the only event dedicated to the hemp industry and is focused on enhancing hemp and CBD operations through partnerships, technology and hemp-focused education.
*Note that if you have submitted previously, please do so again, as each conference has a different focus and we are looking for different session topics for each conference.
Some overarching areas we want to explore at our conferences in both the marijuana and hemp industries (please note all sessions will be aimed at a B2B audience):
- New trends materializing now or coming down the pipeline for the industry as a whole and each niche
- Emerging market updates in the U.S. and internationally
- Global partnership opportunities and business advice
- Ways to tap some of the hottest markets coming online
- Emerging technologies that will reshape how business is done in the cannabis sector domestically or internationally
- Emerging topics in global cannabis science and research
- Any forward-looking cannabis industry topics you don’t see elsewhere
Guidelines: (please review these in full before submitting)
- For complete information on what we look for when considering speakers and sessions please visit the Speaker FAQ Page by clicking here
- To be considered for a speaking slot complete the form below. We curate content far in advance and work with selected speakers over several months leading up to the conference. Speaker selections will be made by the selection team and notifications will go out to all those that are chosen to speak via email.
- Please submit only advanced/in-depth topic presentations.
- ONLY NEW CONTENT will be considered – speakers cannot give presentations they have given before. Please certify where indicated below that the session you’re suggesting will be all-new material.
- Presentations should last between 30-40 minutes (depending on the topic and structure of the session), followed by Q&A from the audience. You must be an expert on the subject. The selection team will also be looking for in-depth workshop and panel-style sessions and may ask that you alter your presentation to fit a different format or similar topic.
- MJBizCon enforces a very strict “no pitching” policy. This includes introductions and company logos in the presentation. Speakers cannot expound on their professional background, personal expertise and/or company history. Be prepared to get to the point quickly and spend the session educating the audience.
- Preference will be given to operators of retail, cultivation, infused products, extraction, technology and investment-related companies. We are looking for a diverse lineup of speakers including: both those who have spoke at cannabis events in the past and those who have not, speakers covering a diverse range of geographic areas, those who are at different stages of their company evolution and speakers who have not spoken recently at one of our conferences, as we strive to mix up speakers between events.
Important note-presentation requirements:
Speakers who are selected must agree to follow specific guidelines on crafting their presentations, meeting strict deadlines and compiling PowerPoint presentations using the MJBizCon PowerPoint template that will be provided. We work very closely on content with all selected speakers which may require revisions during the process that present the content in the best way possible for the audience.
Deadline to Apply: February 14, 2020
Thank you for your interest in applying to become a speaker at the Hemp Industry Daily Conference, the application is now closed.