MJBizCon Public Health and Safety
Updated September 20 2021
We look forward to gathering in Las Vegas for MJBizCon 2021 – safely. As the world continues to make positive strides to end COVID -19, we at MJBiz want to do our part by continuing to aid in the reduction of the spread. The health and safety of everyone is crucial and extremely important.
We have worked closely with the Las Vegas Convention Center and Visitors Authority, local and state officials, and our venue partners to ensure a safe environment for the show.
Here is the latest on what you can expect at MJBizCon this year:
- Masks will be required – and enforced. Effective July 30, the State of Nevada has mandated that everyone, including fully vaccinated individuals, wear a mask in public indoor settings.
- The MJBiz team will all be vaccinated, and we strongly encourage all attendees to be vaccinated as well.
- You will have access to health services onsite at MJBizCon, plus ample access to hand sanitizing stations throughout the venue.
- Exhibits have been expanded into North Hall, as well as Central Hall, to allow for 10’-20’ aisles throughout so you can comfortably spread out. Other areas will be planned for 6’ physical distancing.
- The Las Vegas Convention Center has been awarded the Global Biorisk Advisory Council GBAC STAR™ certification by ISSA. This accreditation means the building is meeting the highest standard of cleaning and sanitization protocols. This includes:
- Implementing hospital grade air filtration systems and increasing outside air flow
- Utilizing electrostatic sprayers to disinfect high-touch surfaces
- Adding UV lights to disinfect select areas
- Sanitizing restrooms on an hourly basis
- Pre-registration will be required for all attendees and exhibitors to eliminate crowded badge pickup lines onsite. Please register online before you arrive. Yes, you can get a ticket last minute, but you must show your confirmation email to enter the MJBizCon space.
Of course, the Covid-19 situation is evolving, and so are CDC recommendations. This means our policies may shift before MJBizCon goes live. We’ll notify you quickly and post information on our show website if that should happen. The health and safety of our attendees, exhibitors, partners, and staff are our #1 priority.
Our team recognizes and understands the travel restrictions and protocols currently in place. We are eager to see everyone in person again, but we encourage travel only when it is safe and border restrictions are lifted.
We want you to feel safe attending MJBizCon and, rest assured, there is a great deal of data surrounding events that demonstrate B2B events are, in fact, safe. Here are some excerpts from articles in recent travel and event publications to this point:
- Scientific modeling by the Exhibitions & Conferences Alliance (ECA) and Epistemix has shown in-person professional meetings and events pose a near-zer0 (0.001%) risk of COVID-19 transmission to attendees–even for large events, particularly given the layered approach to mitigation strategies.
- Further, Epistemix modeling analysis found that B2B events have not been shown to be a major driver of case counts, largely due to the fact that B2B events (exhibitors and attendees) have higher vaccination rates (~80%) than the overall population.
- According to Destination Analysts research, 78% of Americans who have traveled for business in the last two years have been vaccinated, compared to 72% of U.S. travelers overall. – TravelAge West
- Data to Support the Safety of Travel for Professional Meetings and Events Fact Sheet
As we get closer to MJBizCon 2021, we will provide updates. Check back to this page for any new information or updates. In the meantime, feel free to reach out to our Customer Experience team at (720) 213-5992 x1, or email [email protected] with any questions you might have. We look forward to seeing you in Las Vegas!